Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e swap info (wiring)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4l80e swap info (wiring)

hey guys im working on putting a 80e in to my 04 cts-v an im super lost on what i need to do to make the wiring aspect work.

i know that this car was never offered with a auto of any sort so i know there isnt a harness i can just plug and play made for the car
i know that this ecu was used in a few other cars that came with a auto.(like the trailblazer and a few others).i have pulled the tune on the ecu and it has the 80e as a option in the drop down menu. i have heard people say that it may need a segment swap to work but im not really sure what that is.

if i cant get the ecu to play nice ill just have to get the PCS -2000 to control the trans but id rather not spend the 700$ on it if i can avoid it

if i can get the ecu to control it what would i need to do for the wiring? would i just need to add some wires to the plug at the ecu? do i need a tcm also for the ecu to talk to?

just need some help making sens of all this crazy auto stuff haha

thanks for the help guys

-alex
Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Is it the same ecu as a f body? The 411 ecu. If so yes, you need an adapter harness that will wire into the ecu. Spear tech sells a nice harness with instructions to wire it in. It is already terminated and labeled. I think it's around $200. The ecu will control the trans with a segment swap.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It don't know what # the ecu is but I have read that the sa me ecu comes in trailblazers snd some other small trucks.

Will a segment swap cost me any more credits with hpt? My ecu already has the 2 bar custom os installed.

Could I just use a full truck harness in place of the custom one?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could probably just get the connector from a doner 4l80 and repin your wires im not sure though
Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
It don't know what # the ecu is but I have read that the sa me ecu comes in trailblazers snd some other small trucks.

Will a segment swap cost me any more credits with hpt? My ecu already has the 2 bar custom os installed.

Could I just use a full truck harness in place of the custom one?
No, no extra cost on segment swap.

I'm 99% certain you can't use the entire truck harness, but you should be able to de-pin the transmission part of it, and add it to your existing harness.

This is assuminng its the earlier style of PCM (red/blue or red/green connectors).

All of this is assuming you can get a segment swap from HPTuners though (you will have to email them the tune). If you can get a 4L60E tune on it, I can make it run on a 4L60E tune also.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking further into this, would the Speedo and all of that still work if it is segment swapped? I am assuming you would just need to add the aditional pins to the ecu and run the appropriateb wiring back tothe transmission.

Quick Reply: 4l80e swap info (wiring)