Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy poly trans mounts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do not buy poly trans mounts!!!!

I have a 2002 Z28 Camaro with the 4L60E,
if you want a transmission mount that will fit,
work, cause no problems, just buy the ACDelco mount.
I got the Energy Suspension mount from a buddy, brand
new in the box, doesn't fit for ****. You have to modify
your cross member to allow access of the new bolt
assembly. Modify in the sense that your dremel tool
will be busy. Don't even mess around with the garbage.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

IMHO, the same can be said about Poly-anything and Energy Suspensions. People put these parts on their suspensions and two months later complain about squeaks and vibrations. I suspect that no new Corvette, Camaro, BMW or other performance car comes from the factory with Polyurethane bushings or mounts,
Having said that, I do actually use some Poly bushings in custom parts with grease nipples. IMHO, people need to know these are race-only parts with serious and annoying side-effects.
Hey, just my opinion.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cgormanZ28
I have a 2002 Z28 Camaro with the 4L60E,
if you want a transmission mount that will fit,
work, cause no problems, just buy the ACDelco mount.
I got the Energy Suspension mount from a buddy, brand
new in the box, doesn't fit for ****. You have to modify
your cross member to allow access of the new bolt
assembly. Modify in the sense that your dremel tool
will be busy. Don't even mess around with the garbage.
I tried one and didn't have to modify anything but it made the car vibrate like nobodys business. Factory is the only way to go on trans mount.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrvedit
IMHO, the same can be said about Poly-anything and Energy Suspensions. People put these parts on their suspensions and two months later complain about squeaks and vibrations. I suspect that no new Corvette, Camaro, BMW or other performance car comes from the factory with Polyurethane bushings or mounts,
Having said that, I do actually use some Poly bushings in custom parts with grease nipples. IMHO, people need to know these are race-only parts with serious and annoying side-effects.
Hey, just my opinion.
I use poly motor mounts with great luck on my dd cars that I drove 100 miles a day on the interstate and in town with good luck. It just firmed up the trans shifts even more than the shift kit did. I also have used rear boxed control arms with poly bushings on all 4 of my f body ls1 cars with great success and zero noise. The secret is grease them well before installing them and with every oil change give them a couple of shots with a grease gun. I also keep bolts good and snug. I even went as far as to drill out the body mounting holes and the rearend mounting holes to 1/2" and used 1/2" diameter bolts. 1/2" diameter just happens to be the "correct" size bolts for all poly bushings metal sleeves that I have bought and installed. Factory are 12mm or something like that and are small enough to be sloppy and cause noises if not ******** tight. That inturn binds suspension movement.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

You understand the mods and maintenance that poly parts require. A lot of customers do not.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one a couple months ago just to get the free shippin at ws6store. I couldn't figure out how to put the damn thing on. Glad to know it wasn't just me. I threw it in the corner thinking it was for a t56 or something.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed mine a couple weeks ago. My stock one was split in two pieces. It went on no problem, installed in about 20 min start to finish in my driveway. No clunks anymore! I got mine through Jegs, Prothane brand, free shipping, $28 (I think).

Quick Reply: Do not buy poly trans mounts!!!!