Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e swap. trans won't shift at all

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4l80e swap. trans won't shift at all

I'm putting this here because I am not getting much insight on performance trucks. Here is the info I have thus far. Any help is appreciated because I have no idea what's going on.

Just to let you guys know

2003 gmc sierra
2006 lq9
2007 4l80e swap in process

Ok, Texas speed tuned ecu for the swap, i did the factory harness repin at the transmission connector. I added a speed sensor to the front sensor(bc obviously the 80e has 2 sensors). Neutral Safety Switch is good, I put a shift kit in from tci, with the trans already in. I triple checked the check valve ***** but that's not to say I didn't make a mistake there. I know when I mounted the valve body everything went in cleanly. I have a used 4l80e with a circle d converter with 3000 stall and circle d flex plate. all that seems to be fine...

well i started the truck up and went through all the steps of going through the gears. it went in all the gears but didn't really "jerk" when it went it gear but didn't think much of it. I put it in drive to drive it down the street and got to a stop sign and gave it just a little gas and the truck kind of slipped and jerked and just started jerking really bad. I turned the truck off and put a quart of fluid in it( totaling 13 quarts). I started it back up to go back to the drive way and i didn't really have any gears. 1st would go but it was under a lot of stress. So I had a lot more gear in reverse so i backed it up to the driveway and parked it and that where I am at now. I used a circle d converter and flex plate. I have all the gears but its like the Ebrake is still on, which its not. I checked before all this and after all this. Where should I start?
update: My truck will go in gear better but still won't come close to shifting out of 1st. I put it in gear "1" and it was better but still didn't have "power" and then died. The speedo works and rpm works. I think its electrical related. any advice?”

Could it be that the segment swap wasn't done correctly when I sent it to TSP? They sent the file off to HP tuners. I'm not sure what all was done but I am trying to get info from TSP.

Just looked and the truck threw 3 codes: P0740 P0785 P1810

thanks

Quick Reply: 4l80e swap. trans won't shift at all