Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80e Slip issues!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default 4L80e Slip issues!?

I think I broke something lol I have a mid mounted T76 5.3L swapped S10 with a 278mm single Disk circle D 3200 stall and a 96 stock 4L80e. On saturday I made a really hard pull on 10#s not hooking at all down the road, since my stall is only a single disk, I had the shifter in "3". All of a sudden during the pull I hear a faint "pssh" noise kind of like A blow off valve or like pressure had been released, and rpms start to raise around 2-3rd gear,the slip was obvious as shifts seemed to be delayed along with flaring. Drove pretty normal, temps were around 160 but had gotten to 181*, all of a sudden it started feeling the transmission was losing gear engagement without throttle during takeoff in every gear. Pulled in my driveway and it started rolling backwards in "D" but would engage in gear if I applied throttle same with reverse. Said screw it and drove to work, babying it. When I left work NADA, no engagement at all, just revved up like it was low fluid or in neutral. I kept revving it to like 3-4 grand and the gears finally would engage but trans was acting funky... did I screw up the pump? Fluid looks pink but smells like an exploded cell phone battery lol
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you drop that pan, I bet you find a nice thick layer of glittery gunk. Sounds like you toasted the clutches and/or the bands. Time for a rebuild. Are you locking-up that single-disc under WOT?

Quick Reply: 4L80e Slip issues!?