Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E billet shaft question

Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4L80E billet shaft question

Fairly simple question and hopefully Jakes and other people with experience will chime in. Is it true that if you have a billet converter you need a billet input shaft?

I do not know for sure if you could get a stall 80e converter without it being a billet cover. At this point I dont have a clue what my hp will be. I hope to get over 500rwhp which many people think won't be too hard to achieve. Basically if I can save a couple $$$ then I will. Im not being a cheap *** just testing the limits of it. Specs in sig and Im LT1. Thanks guys
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A billet cover does NOT require a billet input shaft. A billet input shaft is a nice addition and if I could do at least that and a billet forward hub on every build, I would, but for 500hp you should be more than fine with the stock input shaft.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with NTC. I will add it is good to check the shaft to the converter because we have seen after market shafts not fit in aftermarket turbine hub. Stack up of tolerance type thing. Just something to be aware of.

-Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L80E billet shaft question