Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Pro Ratchet with 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Pro Ratchet with 4l60e

Anyone install a B&M or other ratchet/gated shifter in a 4l60e car? I plan to eventually swap a th400 in my car, but for now I'm going to keep my 4l60e with Cirlce D converter until it gives up. I have my interior apart right now putting in new carpet and kirky seat brackets. I have a B&M Pro stick shifter I want to make a bracket for and install now while the interior is apart, so I don't have to re-do it all when I swap a th400 in down the road. Can anyone tell me if they have ran this shifter with the 4l60e? Obviously I'm not going to "shift it myself" being an automatic electronic valve body, I just think it looks better and want to get it in place now ahead of time. The stock 4l60e shifter has a big plug on the side. Can I cut and splice the required wires to run to the neutral safety switch now with the 4l60e like you do with a th400 swap?? Or will the 4l60e not shift right after I cut those wires?? Any help would be great, thanks.

-Rod
Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 AM
Teching In

No one has done this??
Old 11-25-2014, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search "Custom shifter plate b&m pro stick in factory console." Also currently making a plate that will fit the pro ratchet. That thread should show you it ha been done a few times.

As far a NSS goes, I just splice into them. I forget what colors match though. I can look if you need me to. Anymore questions just pm me or post in shifter thread and I'm sure someone can answer
Old 11-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
Search "Custom shifter plate b&m pro stick in factory console." Also currently making a plate that will fit the pro ratchet. That thread should show you it ha been done a few times.

As far a NSS goes, I just splice into them. I forget what colors match though. I can look if you need me to. Anymore questions just pm me or post in shifter thread and I'm sure someone can answer
If you could let me know which ones must be spliced, or with pictures, I'll definitely buy one of your plates.

Quick Reply: B&M Pro Ratchet with 4l60e