Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission slipping?

I'll start off with saying I dont know if my car is slipping or if it just needs a tune!

About the car: It's a Bolton ls1, sprayed at a 150 shot using the lingenfelter unit to pull timing, a 3600 stall converter (pretty sure it's from ebay) and also a tranny cooler. The car has a stock computer with no tune, other than the hypertech unit that was used to change shift points and pressure

About the problem: Took the car to the track in October, on motor the car shifted great through 1-2 and 2-3. Then when I sprayed the 150 shot, the car shifted 1-2 just like before but the 2-3 shift hit the Rev limiter a few times before completing the shift.
As far as I know the transmission is still the stock tranny which has 99k miles
Old 12-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

While the spray is hard on a stock 4L60E, you probably only need a tune for now. A higher stall converter slips more than a stock one and the spray makes it slip even more.
The slippage causes the RPMs to be higher to reach the shift MPH. The tuner just needs to reduce the shift MPH by 5-10%; the shift will then occur at the shift-RPM.
Under WOT, the shift occurs only when BOTH the shift-MPH and the shift-RPM are reached.

Quick Reply: transmission slipping?