Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E 04 gto

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E 04 gto

I just had my trans completely rebuilt. new clutchs and converter. before it was making a screeching noise at wot when shifting.. I broke the freshly rebuilt trans in for a few hundred miles and did a pull to find out that it is still doing the same thing as before. its only at 58k miles. any help would be awesome.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Saddoris8
I just had my trans completely rebuilt. new clutchs and converter. before it was making a screeching noise at wot when shifting.. I broke the freshly rebuilt trans in for a few hundred miles and did a pull to find out that it is still doing the same thing as before. its only at 58k miles. any help would be awesome.
Screeching at high RPM's could be a drive belt issue...
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Screeching at high RPM's could be a drive belt issue...
but it also doesn't like to shift. shifts very awkwardly
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Shifts cause a sudden change in engine RPM; the accessories such as alternator, PS pump, water pump have momentum and resist the change in RPM and can cause the serpentine belt to slip causing the screech. Try a new quality belt (Goodyear, Yates; skip the cheap no-brand belts.)

To diagnose many trans problem it is very useful to connect a pressure gauge, drive around with it and reports its readings. Even just the readings in Park, Reverse and Drive are very useful.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Shifts cause a sudden change in engine RPM; the accessories such as alternator, PS pump, water pump have momentum and resist the change in RPM and can cause the serpentine belt to slip causing the screech. Try a new quality belt (Goodyear, Yates; skip the cheap no-brand belts.)

To diagnose many trans problem it is very useful to connect a pressure gauge, drive around with it and reports its readings. Even just the readings in Park, Reverse and Drive are very useful.
you are the man. makes complete sense now. This has been haunting me for 6 months now.

Quick Reply: 4L60E 04 gto