Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dex 6 in th400 fti

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dex 6 in th400 fti

Called fti toda to see what type of fluid they recommend. When I got the trans year half ago I swear they said type f. Getting closer to firing my car up and called to verify. They suggest their fluid, but I told them I'd rather buy it local.

They suggested the newer dex 6. Wonder why. I'd also like to see what you guys say about it for conversation.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Sleeper, 2 years ago we probably did recommend type-F. Since then we have been doing ALOT of testing with fluids including the design and testing our own(we've been designing our fluid for about 2 years). our goal was to create a more consistent and reliable fluid that better protected the transmission and provided more consistent operating parameters across a wider scope. We even teamed up with a local lubricants engineer, Daytona 1's Buck Parker, who was the only person to be inducted to NASA's hall of fame for lubricant engineering.

It was during our testing of other lubricants to see where we needed to make improvements on the popular fluids of today that we found Dex6 to be a far superior fluid to Type-F.
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 03-14-2017, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dex 6 is backwards compatible in all gm hydromatic transmissions , glide ,t350,t400 , 2004r ,700r4 , etc......

Quick Reply: Dex 6 in th400 fti