Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manually shifting 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Manually shifting 4l80e

I have a 4l80e that i had tuned with hp tuners to allow me to shift manually with my floor shifter when racing. I like to ensure i dont get a shift when im full throttle in a turn. I put a HD2 kit in the trans and it feels much firmer now. I can hold 1st and it wont shift up until i move the shifter but 2nd feels like it just kicks into OD. does the HD2 kit need some tuning to be able to hold gears manually. Most of my racing is done in 2nd and sometimes third on a good course so this is frustrating as i am now stuck well below the power band. Anyone have any issues after the HD2 kit? I can post a vid of my last race if it helps.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

The HD-2's I have installed I could hold each gear-did you have the trans tuned before or after the HD-2 kit installed.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What controller are you using? Can you adjust line pressure? The 4L85E that I use is a bit of a heavy lump, it is after all a truck transmission but with the Transgo 2 kit shifts fine in all gears but I don't understand your question. If it's in manual mode then it should stay there and not automatically shift at all.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtrhd329
I have a 4l80e that i had tuned with hp tuners to allow me to shift manually with my floor shifter when racing. I like to ensure i dont get a shift when im full throttle in a turn. I put a HD2 kit in the trans and it feels much firmer now. I can hold 1st and it wont shift up until i move the shifter but 2nd feels like it just kicks into OD. does the HD2 kit need some tuning to be able to hold gears manually. Most of my racing is done in 2nd and sometimes third on a good course so this is frustrating as i am now stuck well below the power band. Anyone have any issues after the HD2 kit? I can post a vid of my last race if it helps.
Do you mind sharing what exactly did you have changed in your tune for it to hold each gear before the HD2 kit? I can get mine to shift from 1st to 2nd but not from 2nd to 3rd. Sorry for the hijack.

Quick Reply: Manually shifting 4l80e