Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter stall issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Converter stall issues

I had a single disk billet converter built. I gave them the info for what kind of car, motor, transmission etc. I understand that converter stall might not be spot on if things are different. I informed them I would be boosting the car and shooting for 800hp. I built my 408 and I am currently running it in N/A mode until I can afford the blower. I would guess or hope to guess my HP is around 400hp. The cam builder asked for a 3600 stall. So that is what I told the converter builder. I am not sure if I am even close to that. I have a trans brake in the 4L80E that the converter is hooked too. I only see 2200 with the trans brake engaged. I also see a drop in timing. I believe I tuned out all the torque management. I am figuring that out too. With lower HP would the converter be that low with the trans brake?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any experience with the trans brake side of it, but doubling the hp is definitely going to loosen the converter up significantly. The trans brake wouldn't change anything as you're still only putting very little power through the converter compared to what it was built for IMO.

Quick Reply: Converter stall issues