Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e help

This is my first LS swap let alone 4l80e. But I’m in the stages of mounting it in the car. I bought the gear selector/ NSS for the side of it and it doesn’t seem like it belongs. As you can hopefully see in the pictures that there are no mounting holes for the NSS to mount. The gear selection **** is there but that also is puzzling. I see in other 4l80e photos online that the ****/shaft is fairly short and some protrude what appears to be over an inch. Either way there no fitting the NSS on there with a nut on the end of it.
Did I buy the wrong part? I was told this is a 1996 case.
As far as the wiring goes I’ll be running a MS3 gold box to the circle plug. Will I even need anything on that **** (NSS) or will that just be a shift selector.
Thanks in advance.

NSS mounted in what seems to be the correct place, with no mount holes on the case
Old 04-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

That case came from an application that didn't use that switch. basically 1996 and older.

You can usually use switches on an aftermarket shifter or a factory switch on a factory shifter to do what that switch does.

That switch or shifter mounted switches control the reverse lights, neutral safety, and a park/neutral signal for a PCM to make things transition smoother.