Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023 | 07:49 PM
Teching In

Default 4L60e Issue

1977 K10 4x4 , LM7/4L60e/ NP241c ..Received a call from my tuner..The transmission was acting really odd. It would go for a bit then go into neutral and not move forward or back. Topped fluid off before tuning. Not sure if we have a sensor miscommunication or what. Going to scan it today and see if he can come up with some idea…Anyone ever had this issue ..??
Old 10-05-2023 | 08:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Inrelentlesspursuit
1977 K10 4x4 , LM7/4L60e/ NP241c ..Received a call from my tuner..The transmission was acting really odd. It would go for a bit then go into neutral and not move forward or back. Topped fluid off before tuning. Not sure if we have a sensor miscommunication or what. Going to scan it today and see if he can come up with some idea…Anyone ever had this issue ..??
Now this one I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO RESPOND TOO LOL

Actually I do Im in dark mode and the words dont show, Drop pan sounds like filter is clogged. Most likely converter failure on dyno would be my guess.

Old 10-08-2023 | 08:31 PM

Yeah this sounds like a sudden loss of fluid pressure. Put a pressure gauge on the trans; the pressure port is on the driver's side.
Short of a catastrophic internal failure and assuming the shift linkage is correct, you only need fluid pressure for Reverse to work. The trans connector can be disconnected and you still will have Reverse (and likely 3rd gear).

Quick Reply: 4L60e Issue