Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 4l80e builders

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for 4l80e builders

I've been looking at Jake's performance, Rosser, and Performabuilt.
I've seen some bad reviews and good with Jake's, but they're in my price range. There site also says 12 to 14 weeks out on transmissions. So I'm in a toss up.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,263 Likes on 809 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

@Jake's Performance is super helpful on this forum and in my personal dealings with them I've been very happy.
I think they make a very nice set of products and build quality transmissions.

From what I've seen, most of the bad reviews are from disgruntled customers that can't handle a wait-time, or customers that cause an issue with failed install or tuning (usually with Holley) and then expect free stuff when it was their own mistake.
Some people find jake to be gruff...I don't mind the no BS communication personally

Just my 0.02 but if you use this forum...support the companies that give tech help here. Jake is one of those.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaroonMonsterLS1:
bbond105 (04-19-2024), dan67 (04-21-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Don’t know Jake but just reading some of his stuff and watching some of his videos. If I wanted to build one. I would send it there. He seems to take pride in his stuff. Sometimes you just gotta wait.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 679 Likes on 468 Posts

I would not get to worried about a few bad reveiws, Here is a fact, People in general are far more likey to make a review when they are unhappy. Almost never when they are happy. So basically if you see lets say 2 good and 2 bad assume its 200 good and 2 bad, Cause Thats pretty much how it works. Though I have never personally delt with Jakes from watching he does know his way arround the 80E, He can be from what I have seen a bit Gruff but that is likey just his personalty . If I was looking for someone other than myself to build a 4l80e I would have no issue with using him.
Me I only do the 4L80E as a carry in due to shipping logistics.

The following users liked this post:
strutaeng (04-23-2024)