Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e not going into OD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e not going into OD

06 Sierra 1500hd 6.0 4l80e 3.73 gears

I've read several forums and post about my issue but still don't know where to start.

My trans doesn't appear to be going into OD. Rpms appear hig, I'm also getting a hard shift from 1st to 2nd, and another weird issue that might be related the truck occasionally swing rpm ( +/- 100 rpm or so) at highway speeds only while in cruise control.

So far I've replace the throttle body because I thought maybe my tps was bad. This hasn't fixed anything. I've found the electrical plug on the side of trans has the typical ATF leak. Any suggestions on things to look out for, fix, or any troubleshooting steps.

Could this just be the trans solenoids or wiring? Any ideas or help are welcome
Old 09-28-2024, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 222 Likes on 158 Posts

Can you read trans temperature in your scanner ?
IF trans temp sensor is OPEN it will indicate a very LOW temp, and things get screwy, definitely will prevent TCC lockup, not sure about OD.
. When you did transmission SEGMENT swap, are you sure that you included Trans Diagnstics segment as well ?
I ( Initially ) failed to include Trans Diagnostics, and had LOTS of trouble(s)

Last edited by Full Power; 09-28-2024 at 03:26 PM. Reason: edit
Old 09-28-2024, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Power
Can you read trans temperature in your scanner ?
IF trans temp sensor is OPEN it will indicate a very LOW temp, and things get screwy, definitely will prevent TCC lockup, not sure about OD.
. When you did transmission SEGMENT swap, are you sure that you included Trans Diagnstics segment as well ?
I ( Initially ) failed to include Trans Diagnostics, and had LOTS of trouble(s)

Good question, but I can't read the trans temp on my code scanner but I have a gauge and the temp looks normal (160-170) I don't think that's the problem.

Old Today, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Foursightho
Good question, but I can't read the trans temp on my code scanner but I have a gauge and the temp looks normal (160-170) I don't think that's the problem.
Unless the Temp sensor is bad,

Quick Reply: 4l80e not going into OD