Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Shift Improvement Module

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Shift Improvement Module

Hey guys my friend gave me one of these brand new. It came in a box with a bunch of parts he ordered from year one. I was wondering if I should put it on my car or not. I have a 94 t/a with a A4 my car is mostly stock. I'm getting a complete tuning setup laptop, lt1 edit, tunercat and the cable and it's coming wednsday. I would like to have my shifts firmed up for wednsday night. But I don't know if I would feel comfortable enough with the software to flash my pcm with adjusted transmission tables the first day I got the setup. So I am debating putting in this shift module. What do you guys thing? If you think it's a bad idea please explain why.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had one for a while. All it does is raise the line pressure. Most will tell you any hand held programmer will not firm shifts a WOT only partthrottle. I thought it felt firmer to me. It wont make much of a difference any way at the track. Wait for your edit. You dont really want to cut into the harness for a one night thing anyway . Thats if your talking about the electronic model. If is a kit that goes in the tranny then i would give it a shot.Its probably the B&m shift plus kit.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Nope it was still in the package it was a slp one. I put it in tonight, it did make the shifts firmer at full throttle there isn't that huge lag anymore but it sure isn't worth the 50 dollars or whatever they go for. I'm getting sick of the automatic in my car I have a t56 in the garage that I think I'm going to put in.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can get them unopened and new on Ebay for $15 alot of times. Thats where i got mine
Old 08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

I traded some thirdgen defroster vent covers for this which were laying in a car I bought so I'm not out anything. I just wouldn't recommend it to anybody unless they got it for really cheap 15 dollars isn't bad.