Is this guy full of sh*t or what:

http://www.drwtransmission.com/4L60E.htm
Old 12-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28
Is this guy full of sh*t or what:

http://www.drwtransmission.com/4L60E.htm
Ok he says the customer wanted the trans set up to shift hard and he built it to shift hard knowing it destroys these transmssions. Not smart.

First off I build 700's out of my home garage for select people. I ask them how heavy the vehicle is and how much power they plan to put to it now and in the future.
If someone brings me the parts (I refuse to do it right off) and say it's going in a one ton truck with 700HP I say no, why because I don't want to end up like the guy in that link posting why 700's always fail.

Now if someone comes to me and wants to do something reasonable like a 3500 pound car with 400 hp, let me pick the parts and build it the way I think it should be done then I do it.

The point is, this guy is doing stuff he knows won't work because his customers want him to, you can't always do that.

A lot of the weak areas of the trans that he points out have already been improved on by aftermaket companies. Like the torque drive package.
There are still things in the works for the 700's and 4L60E's as far as the input drum.

Then you have to build it right, shift timing has to be right.

There are still people that insist on locking up their converters going down the track to gain that extra 2 tenths, another bad idea.

Just like back with the turbo clutch th400's, they'd break all the time because they were not made to have a direct connection to the engine, add hard shifts and there you go, even a th400 will break.

A properly built 4L60 or 4L60E will live if built right, installed in the right application and driven properly.

Search this Thread