Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats wrong with my transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with my transmission

ive got a 2000 ta firehawk with the auto.. it has about 71000 miles on it, and just yeterday i was driving it and i thought i accidently hit the gear selector into neutral and i look down and its still in drive so i press the gas a little bit more and it downshifted and took off. but then it keeps feeling like it goes into neutral so i tried uding the gear selector and 1st works 2nd works but if its in 3rd or drive it seems like its in neutral... Whats wrong with my transmission?
has this happened to any of you? Any help would be great. thanks
Old 12-19-2004, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like its slipping time for a rebuild.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds like something that happened to me. I had my 3.73 gears installed and I had a Superchips tuner. The handheld tuner has a setting for 3.73 gears, but, it didn't work. Mine did EXACTLY what you're saying yours is doing in the EXACT same gears.

After about an hout of reloading the Superchips tune, I finally dumped the stock tune back into the PCM and it chnaged gears like clockwork. I drove it around the block, literally, then, I re-tuned it with the handhelkd for the 3.73 setting. Low and behold it worked fine.

I repeated the process to re-inforce what had happened ... with the same results. So, maybe you should try dumping the stock tune back into your PCM and see if that might be the problem.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

But it doesn't say he has a different tune. But it could be that. My Hypertech screwed my tranny all up. everytime i put in 3.73 it slips from 3rd to 4th and it wont redline any gear. SO i just set it back to stock and i junked the programmer its in the back of my closet some where. Hey Jeb99TA what does ur car sound like i was thinking of going with the ssame set up.