Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny emergency

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny emergency

Just the other night me and a friend raced and I have a A4 i we passed a car i was in front in drive then i punched it and it got to about 5,000rpm and i put it in overdrive and it did not want to change gears i had to let off the gas and press back on it agian for it to change

what is the problem
Old 12-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I am having nearly the exact same problem...the car will buck really bad for a second before it wants to change gears. It feels like it is something pretty bad, does anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Optikslobb
I am having nearly the exact same problem...the car will buck really bad for a second before it wants to change gears. It feels like it is something pretty bad, does anyone have any ideas?
i dont know the problem but some of my friends say that my tranny is fucked which realy suck because this year i was going to star getting horsepower mods but with the trany shot to hell i guess i will focus on looks until i get a new transmission

i might go with a turbo 400 and a 4,000 stall and go bye bye
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How many miles do you have? Only thing I see in your sig that could cause early failure is the polished and ported MAF, this will mess with the (untuned)pcm and not apply enough shift pressure due to lower readings, over time it could cause a tranny failure.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put it in overdrive and it did not want to change gears i had to let off the gas and press back on it agian for it to change
It could be the VCM programming. Did it always do this or did you just notice it or are you sure it just started doing this?
I have an '02 SS and looked at the stock VCM shift points, from 62% throttle to 100% throttle it's programmed to shift at 125 mph.
At 56% throttle it shifts at 118 and at 50% it shifts at 98 mph.
So if you were anywhere between 62 and 100% throttle it wouldn't shift until you hit 125 mph. If you backed off to 50% throttle it would shift if you were above 98 mph.
Your car might have different shift points but you should get the idea.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Put a stock screened MAF back in and see if the problem goes away.

Ported MAFs (especially with no screen) play havoc on the measured engine load, which controls a lot of the auto tranny functions and shifting.

Bad30th