Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo

I got a Transgo 4L60E-HD2 shift kit and it does not have a video in it as I have heard some say they have. Do I have the right kit? Thanks in advance for the replys.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure I understand. You have the right kit yes. If you want the video then you obviously have the wrong kit. The only difference is one kit has the video, one doesn't.
You shouldn't need the video IMO.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Launching!

They make one with and one without a video I guess, I just was confused when mine did not have a video and I knew I had heard people speak of the video on here. Thanks
Old 01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are not familiar with the locations of the different sub-assemblies it might be helpful to pick up a copy of the ATSG TechTran Manual for the 4L60-E. It will help you find things in case you get disoriented. The video was probably helpful when the 4L60-E kit first came out, but that kit has been changed at least twice that I know of since the video was made. Many of the processes in the video differ quite a bit fromo the printed instructions. It's really just a reference tool too familiarize you with the thing.

If you would like, I can encode a copy of it for you to download. Contact me with a PM if this would be useful.

BTW, Transgo is one of handful of companies in the aftermarket that set a BENCHMARK for exemplary customer service. I'd almost bet they'd send you one. I seriously cannot speak highly enough of these folks - very very helpful.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Launching!

James
I have a transmission book on the 4L60 and the directions with the kit so I believe I will be fine, I was just concerned when there was no video when I thought there would be one. I thought that possibly I had recieved an out dated kit. I apreciate the offer though. I have used transgo products before and have always been satisfied with there performance. Thanks again for your offer.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any time..

There are two versions of the kit. The one you have comes in a white box with blue and red print. The "retail" kit comes in a full-color photo box and includes the video. There is usually about a $15 price difference.