Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A quick question on trans install, first timer here!

Old 02-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick question on trans install, first timer here!

Well Im about to put it in and had a few questions, First, theres new bolts in the rebuilt for the trannies fluid lines, am I going to cut the line and insert the tubing in the new bolts? secondly, how much trans fluid do I put in to start it up? It is shipped in neutral and I have the truck in neutal, so it should be set up right? Just install tv cable? And lastly, I was told to mark the spot where the old converter came but theres no marks on the new one, ls their a way to tell where I should set it up or will it be fine to just bolt it to the fly wheel at any point? I dont want to start it up and have it blow up, lol and lastly, should I leave it on the jack stands for first start up and shift it a bit, then shut it down, check for fluid level and top off? Hope I didnt miss anything, ohh wait, someone told me to put a filter on the return line, the top going into the cooler is recive and the the bottom is the send to trans, the filter gos on the send to trans line. Thanks for any help with this!

Search this Thread