Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E shifting

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E shifting

I just converted a V6 S10 with a 4L60E into a small block 400. I removed all the fuel injection throttle body stuff and have a carb and HEI instead. My problem is since I removed all the electronics the tranny won't shift pass 2nd gear. Is there some resistor or something where I can fake out the electronics for the tranny to shift.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

99 freeze

This is a 94 model chevy S10
Old 03-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Teching In

somebody has to know something. I need to get this fixed so I can put the T/A in for the H/C and headers. I got to get my truck running right.

Anybody??
Old 03-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Launching!

The 4l60e is electoic shift so it probably needs some type of controler have ya tryed to manually shift it threw the gears if it whon't shiff then ya will be needen that elec stuff.Painless wires make some stuff but I would put the elec an injection back on it sould run better with it!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1s R US
The 4l60e is electoic shift so it probably needs some type of controler have ya tryed to manually shift it threw the gears if it whon't shiff then ya will be needen that elec stuff.Painless wires make some stuff but I would put the elec an injection back on it sould run better with it!
Yeah, I see what you are saying but the reason why I got rid of all that ele.stuff was to avoid this problem I am having now. It's a small block 400 and it had the stock V6 throttle body on it. Fuel injection really made the engine surge and ran really rich. The program got changed a few times and did no better. That's why I went old school with the carb. Not really racing the truck anyway but really cool to have and turn heads. But the only thing is I need this thing fixed so I can put some goodies in the T/A.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That '94 trans is a 4L60E and needs a computer to control the shifts. No computer=no shifts.
Easiest thing to do would be to get a 700R4 for it. It's the same trans except for the valvebody and electronics. It would swap right in and you'd connect a tv cable to throttle lever.