Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need 4L60E help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need 4L60E help ASAP

im putting a tranny in a 94' TA and i found one for a good price out of a 94' S10 4.3 2/4 will that work in my TA if i swap tail shaft housings? need to know soon Thanks for the help
Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should work. If I was in your situation I would get the S10 trans. The converter might have a higher stall rating too.
I'd also keep your old trans because the S10 trans might be calibrated to shift a little differently. It might have a different servo, etc.
At worst you could swap out the valve bodies and accumulator springs to get the shift feel your old trans had, I doubt that will be necessary though.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
It should work. If I was in your situation I would get the S10 trans. The converter might have a higher stall rating too.
I'd also keep your old trans because the S10 trans might be calibrated to shift a little differently. It might have a different servo, etc.
At worst you could swap out the valve bodies and accumulator springs to get the shift feel your old trans had, I doubt that will be necessary though.
cool.. the guy told me that it should work but i wanted some other opinions im gonna go ahead and get it the only thing that sucks is they want a core but o well.. this is just gonna be a temporary fix till i can convert too a 6 speed anyways.. BTW i was thinking the same thing on the stall, gonna go and pick it up this week and ill post results, Thanks