Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ssf 4200 installed; few q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ssf 4200 installed; few q's

last week we finally started to get some warm weather up here and i got swapped in the tc and got the car on the road for the first time since fall. being that i drove around with open cutouts all summer last year, i'm pretty tolerant of the noises a car makes, and actually i put a catback on this spring so even with the high stall it's WAAAAY quiter than before; that being said, i did the install myself, and now i'm up to about 100 miles experience driving a high stalled car. i was wondering about noises that i should expect to hear, and noises that i should be scared of. especially since the exhaust is quite, i may be hearing things(like the fuel pump that's on it's last leg) that were there before but inaudible below the roar. one of the noises is almost a fluttering noise, but a little more "metal" sounding.....the other noise is only at 65 MPH or so, and only if i'm on the gas at all: it's a harmonic vibration as much as a noise, with some bass to it, as in it's a pretty low pitched noise that goes round and round....

i'm thinking(hoping) the latter one is the driveshaft, i'm gonna rotate it 180 tomorrow, i'm hoping it's not the flexplate or the tc......any thoughts would be appreciated...

also, the car doesn't die(like i've read happens), but when stopped in gear(not when it's in park) it'll go from 1k to 800 rpms back and forth; do i just need to do the idle relearn?

overall it's a 4200 stall in bolt on car with no tune and it's a blast to drive, just thought i'd get some feedback from the masses.....
Old 04-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got my Vig 2800 put in, I remember it just being louder and reving more. It took getting use to shifts and new driving style.