Sponsored by:

4L60E - Cold shifting question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E - Cold shifting question

Okay, here's the scenario:
It's been about 30-45 degress outside at night. I let the truck warm up about 10-15 minutes. I put her into gear and start driving. Stop at a light, go to accelerate and she acts like I'm starting in second gear or driving with the parking brake on. Even if I floor it, it the slowest acceleration I've ever felt. I pull over, turn off the engine, restart, and that seems to cure the problem sometimes.

UPDATE:
Last Thursday I took her in to the Dealership and had them check everything out. No codes showed up and of course it didn't act weird when it was there. I checked my records and couldn't find anything as to when I changed my fuel filter and had tranny service.

So on Friday morning I dropped her off again to have the fuel filter replaced, oil changed and tranny serviced.

I spoke to the tech working on my truck and he said that there have been several complaints reguarding this very problem that I've been having. He said that when he spoke with a GM Rep previously, they said that the 99-00' Silvy's are prone to this problem and that there's nothing to do for a solution. He said to just let the engine warm up really well, before driving anywhere.

Well, the truck now runs better, it feels smoother and I have piece of mind that everythings been serviced. But here in Wyoming, it was a chilly 18 degrees on Sunday and my truck acted the same way. So the problem is still there...

Question -
Would a shift kit (Trans-Go), Servo or Trans Cooler help with the cold shifting problem in any way...? Cause I would prefer not to have to just live with the problem. Does anyone know of a solution???

Thanks, Eric
Old 04-15-2005, 05:18 AM
Teching In

Anybody?

Eric
Old 04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A shift correction kit might help. Is is a high mileage trans?
Old 04-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Nope, the truck and trans have only 44,000 miles...

Eric