Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could this be my converter ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default could this be my converter ???

ok i was going down the freeway and it seemed like my converter wouldnt lock up in overdrive but after a little while it did so i had got off to get a friend picked her up and i notice that i was giving out more throttle than i should so we left cause her house was down the road and it seemed like my car came out of gear so now it will not reverse or go into drive or first it wont do any thing. I turned it off for a few and when i did it made a wierd noise from under the car. after waiting a while i turned it on and put it in drive and i can feel that it ingaged into gear so i tried to drive it home so it seems like the converter will not lock up while in first, second, or drive. my friend was thinking it could be my input shaft but i dont know if its the converter or that so does any one know what the hell is going on
Old 04-20-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a way of finding out if my converter is messed up besides sending it off to get checked ?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bad converter will not make it impossible to switch into gear. If turning off the car seemed to reset something, then I would suspect the transmission.