Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E transmission leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E transmission leak

Heres the situation, about 5 months ago i replaced the transmission filter and gasket on my 94 z28. Now considering the car has gone maybe 1000 miles scince then b/c it was winter here, it has developed a nasty leak. The gasket i orginally got for it was cork and no silicon was used. The second time i changed the gasket was to a rubber gasket and again did not use silicon b/c the directions were against it. What do you know, its leaking just as bad as before. The cuped washers all are alright so i don't know what to do next. Does anyone has a suggestion on what kind of gasket to use or silicone.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BurnZ28rubber
Heres the situation, about 5 months ago i replaced the transmission filter and gasket on my 94 z28. Now considering the car has gone maybe 1000 miles scince then b/c it was winter here, it has developed a nasty leak. The gasket i orginally got for it was cork and no silicon was used. The second time i changed the gasket was to a rubber gasket and again did not use silicon b/c the directions were against it. What do you know, its leaking just as bad as before. The cuped washers all are alright so i don't know what to do next. Does anyone has a suggestion on what kind of gasket to use or silicone.

I would definately use silicon.

Quick Reply: 4L60E transmission leak