Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for a performance rebuild, what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Time for a performance rebuild, what do i need?

I have a 98 TA convertible A4 with 295zo6's on the back,lid,hypertech,160thermo, and 3200 stall verter. Im gonna be adding some real power mods in the near future (like head&cam package, all boltons,but prob no NOS) but after reading around here for a while i decided to go with the supporting parts first, as most ppl say thats the smart way to do it. Im gonna begin with the trans. I have a 3200 stall converter 2.0str by Daaco in it now but i dont like it at all. it is powerful off the line and my tires spin freely but falls flat in the middle rpms and seems worse then the stock was. (which was why i wanted a high stall in the first place) ( got a deal on it and wanted to see if a high stall was what i wanted)

Im gonna go with a complete rebuild and i wanna do a fuddle racing converter, prob like a 3200-3500 w/2.0-2.5str. MY QUESTION IS what else should i add if i want rock solid shifts and a strong tranny? I dont need it to be bullet proof just solid. I know that you should add the corvette servo, but i dont know much more then that about the internals. Help me out by suggesting what else would be good for me to add. I am gonna get all the parts and take it to a tranny place ive dealt with before and have them do the labor . Thanks guys!