Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shift kit question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shift kit question?

might sound like a dumb question but how exactly does the shift kit on a 4l60e work and what difference will I notice when installed on my 98 z28
Old 06-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Restricted User

With my "modified" Trans-Go Perfromance Shift kit, you will keep the smooth 1-2 part throttle shifts, & get 1-2 & 2-3 firm WOT shifts, and quicker 3-2 downshifts, etc.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

one of the purposes of a valve body recalibration kit is to reduce the slip or application time between the held and driven members of the planetary gear sets.this reduces the heat that disturbs the mating surfaces of the friction and steel elements,reducing shift quality,the amount of torque that may be transferred between the two etc.a quality kit will increase the line pressure that is fed to the friction elements when the engine is under load as well as provide just enough pressure when not under a load to introduce shift shock which makes driving a vehicle unpleasant as well as causing shock,twist and torsional loads on the transmission internals and driveline.you should notice a firm shift at wide open throttle as well reduced backshift calibration errors that are corrected with the proper accumaulator parts in the form of springs and pistons.our kit includes these items.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help, I just had my tranny rebuilt and had my shift kit put in and now I notice that my tranny dowshits harder than it did before for instance if im doing 65 and i let go of the gas it downshifts differently but I like the fact that I can stomp on the gas doing 65 and acts as if I were driving a 6 speed.