Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

houston we have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default houston we have a problem

I have dr evil stage 2 4l60e transmission, tci 3500 ssf, b&m trans cooler, 4.10s, and it hasnt been tuned for the converter.

I drove the camaro to work yesterday and on the way home i noticed some grinding when i pulled in the driveway. At first i thought it was just a brake caliper touching a wheel. I drove the car maybe 5 miles today and it started making a bad grinding sound so i pulled into a parking lot. I checked all the calipers again, they were damn close to the wheels but nothing was touching. I drove around the parking lot and it made the noise when its in gear but the noise stops when i put it in neutral and coast. I babied the car home. While accelerating it made the noise but it stopped when i got up to speed, the noise comes back when i let off the throttle to slow down. It shifted through all the gears but the converter never locked in.

Bad converter, transmission or both?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have ya checked your u-joints on your drive shaft. Some times they make a grinding noise only under a load. The cups get dry if all the grease is out of them and the needle bearings turn to dust. Just something to check! Because I've run into this before on a freinds car!