Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing fluid

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default changing fluid

was getting ready to change my tranny fluid, and wanted to know what everyones using???? is the mobil 1 syn. any good?

also, about how many quarts will i need, given that im not pulling/flushing the converter?

thanks,

anthony
Old 06-29-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used almost exactly 4 qts when I changed my fluid and filter. I didn't go to synthetic since I heard people talking about it adversely affecting the clutch discs.

I've been happy with the standard Dexron III 'm using so far. It has a good, hard shift to second. I may change to a pan with a plug pretty soon, though. Right now I suck almost all of it out with a hose and THEN drop the pan. Much cleaner, but I can see that it's still going to get old quickly...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
I used almost exactly 4 qts when I changed my fluid and filter. I didn't go to synthetic since I heard people talking about it adversely affecting the clutch discs.

I've been happy with the standard Dexron III 'm using so far. It has a good, hard shift to second. I may change to a pan with a plug pretty soon, though. Right now I suck almost all of it out with a hose and THEN drop the pan. Much cleaner, but I can see that it's still going to get old quickly...
so i should just use the good ole III then? thats cool. i guess im just going to wait a couple weeks and do it while i have the tranny out for the stall

so i guess i will need a couple more quarts?