TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when to lock and unlock tc?

when do u lock the t.c. and why ?

When do u unlock the t.c. and why?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Restricted User

Locking it gives better mileage, but also requires stornger clutch force, so is not recommended for WOT. Stock TC and tuning wont lock under WOT unless you manually switch/or Control it through tuning software to do so. I had to adjust my TCC tables after the new FuckenFast Fuddle TC went it, as it was trying to lock at stock settings (not so big a deal) but didnt want to unlock until stock setting = big jerking PITA. So tweaked the tables and now I have it locking on the open road in 3rd and 4th and unlocking just fine.

Hope this helps.

p.s. A lot of "tuners" like to lock them on a Dyno for bigger numbers. IMHO, unless you lock it at the track, those skewed #'s will make your car run slower than you would expect.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Locking it gives better mileage, but also requires stornger clutch force, so is not recommended for WOT. Stock TC and tuning wont lock under WOT unless you manually switch/or Control it through tuning software to do so. I had to adjust my TCC tables after the new FuckenFast Fuddle TC went it, as it was trying to lock at stock settings (not so big a deal) but didnt want to unlock until stock setting = big jerking PITA. So tweaked the tables and now I have it locking on the open road in 3rd and 4th and unlocking just fine.

Hope this helps.

p.s. A lot of "tuners" like to lock them on a Dyno for bigger numbers. IMHO, unless you lock it at the track, those skewed #'s will make your car run slower than you would expect.
I just started a thread on that jerking from the converter. What did you tweak your tables to, and where? Thatd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(sorry for the hijack, lol)