Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Trans

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Trans

Ok guys I"ve done two tranny's So i'm not that great but I have a clue, heres the prob, I got the bell housing bolts all taken out and torque arm gone everything unhooked, but I can't get it off the ******* Engine, am I missing something. Its a 98 Formula, I've done a 94trans am but had a Torque Converter Cover to remove it from the Flexplate, Same with the truck i did. What do I do here. I"m going to go back at it in the morning so hoply I'll have the info I needed
Thanks

Ryan
Old 07-08-2005, 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Ok I got it off lol but now I can't get it to go up to the engine block flat, I tired pulling it with the bolts not working well,,,.............. tips?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Launching!

It really helps to have an extra set of hands there. You just have to keep working at it to get it on the pins. Try playing with the height of your jack and raising and lowering the tail shaft to make sure you're getting it on there straight and it's not binding. Keep at it and it'll set up on there eventually. Good Luck.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:34 AM
11 Second Club

ok I did get i won't say what I forgot lol haha i'm such a jackass, btw hardest tranny job ever done. its all good now if I didnt' get an oil leak I would go test it. Its engine oil leak btw, wasn't there before dunno what I did i'll find out tomorrow maybe