Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with 2nd gear- Please Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with 2nd gear- Please Help!!!!!

I have only 500 miles on this tranny, and I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. I was driving the day before yesterday and everything was awesome. Yesterday, I hop in it to drive and 1st gear is fine, but when I shift to 2nd, it feels like the brakes are grabbing and feels like the tranny is just slipping bad. Even when I go to downshift into 2nd it does not deselerate at all. If I shift to 3rd it is fine. The tranny is a TH-350, manual valve body, Art Carr Torque Converter 9 1/2, 2200 stall. What the hell could of gone wrong when it sat overnight? Please help, I am supposed to run it this weekend!!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Restricted User

It sounds like you have broken the intermediate sprag race assembly (outer race). Not uncommon in AC transmissions, no matter what the HP you are putting out.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Built Automatics
It sounds like you have broken the intermediate sprag race assembly (outer race). Not uncommon in AC transmissions, no matter what the HP you are putting out.
I am having a hell of a time with Art Carr right now and was wondering if you have had any problems with them.

I am trying to gather a list of people that are having problems with them and what the problems they have been having.

I am on my third tranny from them in less then a year. The last one they sent me did not have the bell housing painted black like they normally do. The tranny went out again, I sent it back and now they say that I have tampered with it because it is not black and they are voiding my warranty.