Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPC modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPC modification

I'm getting a shift kit added to my stock tranny at the same time that I am having heads and cam done, but a question has arisen regarding the EPC modification in the Transgo shift kit.

Basically, my understanding is that Transgo recommends punching holes in the EPC screen to prevent it from getting plugged up. There is also something about adding a spring. The tranny guy tells me that he will do this if I want him to, but he doesn't believe it is a good idea as the screen is there for a reason and sending chunks of stuff into the EPC will just make it fail.

What do you guys think??
Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

Hey its gonna fail when the screen fills anyways ....so better to have the holes so you don't starve it of oil....The epc that is...Ask your builder if hes ever seen one of them filters sucked together??? Tell him thats what your trying to prevent.....just a though...hope this helps ..... Dave
Old 07-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is
Basically, my understanding
means you've been told by the trans guy what the kit says. There is a brief description as to why they recommend this, he should know about it for one and explain it to you also.