Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny is acting weird...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny is acting weird...

Wanted to see if anyone can help out. The first thing is that the when I floor it in first gear, it barely chirps the tires. The tires barely spin and then it seems like something is holding the car back(T/C is off)all the way through the revs. Then when it goes to shift it hits hard and does a hard scratch of the tires when it goes into the next gear. I can even manually hold it in first at 5000 and floor it and it still does not burn tires. Either the car has lost tons of power or there is something going on with the driveline. One other thing is that the car used to shift into OD lockup at just after 40. Now the car will not go into lockup until after 55 mph.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunNE1
Wanted to see if anyone can help out. The first thing is that the when I floor it in first gear, it barely chirps the tires. The tires barely spin and then it seems like something is holding the car back(T/C is off)all the way through the revs. Then when it goes to shift it hits hard and does a hard scratch of the tires when it goes into the next gear. I can even manually hold it in first at 5000 and floor it and it still does not burn tires. Either the car has lost tons of power or there is something going on with the driveline. One other thing is that the car used to shift into OD lockup at just after 40. Now the car will not go into lockup until after 55 mph.
Sounds like a converter issue to me....

Josh