Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Trouble please help..

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 Trouble please help..

Alright men heres what happend. I was racing an older monte carlo last night i power braked my car and when i was doing so i herd a clunk and felt it knock? not good.. and after doing do i found out my car dosnt like to shift out of first now it will shift but the RPMs go up to about 3k before shifting. and when it does shoft its sluggish like its slipping. I know there alot of guys that know there stuff so any help would be appreciated can anyone tell me whats wrong and how much cash im looking at...? thanx in advance.

Last edited by 01ls1lover; 10-08-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (I actually just came to terms with it tonight), but you probably need a new/rebuilt trans. It sounds a lot like what happened to my car. If you have autotap you'll see that you're not shifting into second gear. The PCM will command second gear, when it realizes it's burned, it'll shift into 3rd. That's why it takes so long to shift.

My car is doing the exact same thing. Go WOT and see if it the needle bounces off the rev limiter. If it does bounce, and doesn't shift into second, then you have the EXACT same problem as me.

I'll be calling Dave at Rock-On Monday to place my order.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

you broke the sungear shell sounds like (the beast will fix that) and if you go to a local shop beining your in cali like me, we charge 2000 stock to 3000 depending on how wild you want