Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

having some 4l60e issues?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default having some 4l60e issues?????

hey guys. i had my tranny rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. i used all alto red frictions, Kolene steels, wider red band, beast sun shell, 5 pinon planetary, new out put shaft (real reason for the tear down) ect. before i broke the shaft, i was having issues with it tapping the rev limiter right before the 2-3 shift. everyone told me that was a common problem, and that i just neede to have the frictions replaced. well, about 500 miles after the rebuild it started doing it again. that part that is throwing me is that it only does it when the tranny is hot. if i race some one once, it's ok, but if we go again, 9 times out of 10 it will slip at the top of second. i've got a trango kit on it with everything set as stiff as it will go, but i did that long before i started having problems. the only thing i can think of is a spool hanging up whens its hot or something along those lines. anyone have any ideas, or should i just replace the valve body assembley with another one? by the way, the tranny was rebuilt by the tranny tech at the dealer i work at, so swapping valve bodies with another tranny won't cost anything. thanks in advance for the help.
Jordan
Old 10-20-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, no one has anything? ttt