Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 bolt rear end

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt rear end

Right now im running the 10 bolt rear end in my 99 camaro but i want to go to the 12 bolt so i can throw some more power at my car and i am just wondering where i could find one ...and or if anyone has any comments on what i should do...please let me know...thanks guys
Old 10-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Strange Engineering.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I guess i just want to know what i should do to the rear end to beaf it up a little cause over the winter im gonna get the STS rear mount and i know that with what i got now it wont last...
Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread will probably get moved...

i'm guessing you have an automatic car? they are pretty good at keeping the 10 bolts alive if this is the case, i would just run it untill it blows. it will hold more power with an auto than a 6 speed car will.

moser engineering also makes a 12 bolt rear end (have on in mine). they are notorious for gear whine for a selected few, although mine is pretty damn quiet. the price of them and the lead time is much less than strange, especially the lead time.

i got mine with the heavy-duty eaton posi, 33 spline axles and TA cover from speed inc.

whatever you do, get it shipped to a business due to the extreme shipping discounts they recieve (68% discount to be shipped to my work instead of my house). this is beacuse you probably dont have a forklift at your house and they will have to send a truck with a lift gate instead of a standard one.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Staging Lane

Yea i am running an auto, right now im putting down about 350hp and 360tq w/out spray...you think my rear end will last with the turbo setup...thanks for the info