Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stall Setup?

Hey guys i have a 00 SS and was wondering what stall size to go with. my car is stock except for LM & SLP y-pipe. I want a stall that will avoid me having to upgrade. (I guess something higher than a 3200) Its a daily driver so nothing to radical.
Also about how much is it to get a stall installed? And how much would it be to tune it after?
Thanks alot.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I also have a 00 ss, and mine is also a daily driver. I have a fuddle 3800 stall. It runs good for everyday driving. I installed it myself it was pretty simple. But i still havent gotten a tune but i know some places can do a dyno tune for about $400. Hope that helps.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM
12 Second Club

It depends on what other mods you plan on doing, but something around a 3500 is pretty good. If you give Fuddle Racing a call, they should be able to help you out.

As for the install cost, I paid $300 to have my Midwest installed. I have since installed 3 others(including my new Fuddle) and wish I would have saved myself the $300.

Also, a tune will help make things feel a lot better (shift faster/harder) but it is usually not necessary with just a stall(unless you are banging the limiter), so you could skip the tune until you do other things.