Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700r4 shift points

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700r4 shift points

It seems to me like my 700r4 shifts way too early. It's not winding out before it shifts. I would like to manual shift it for strip but it's slow to my inputs. I don't want a manual valve body.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Well,there's a couple things you need to do. First is, a trans-go shift kit will allow you to shift it like a manual/automatic in OD. You will also need to install governor springs to make it shift later. Also make sure ur tv cable is adjusted properly,it should be at max travel when ur GAS PEDAL is at max,and should start moving out the second the throttle does. I say gas pedal cuz ur pedal may not move the throttle lever all the way unless that is checked. Have a buddy mash the pedal and you see if the throttle lever moves all the way.
Sorry bout all the extra info,once i get going............
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

That's alright, what I need is extra info!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey did some more reading and I read one of your posts to someone else's question and I may have found something I like. You say Trans Go makes an "HD 2" kit that will allow me the benefits of full manual but still have the auto valve body? I assume this is what you mean above. I could live with that. I don't mind the early shifting on the street so as long as I can put it where I want on the strip. Currently, manual shifting it feels like a slipping clutch it takes so long to change. Also, kinda off the subject, when this tranny was built, the accumulators were blocked. Is it an easy procedure to reverse when this kit is installed?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

From what i remember the kit comes w/a plug to block off the 3-4 accum. feed and it may even block or restrict the 1-2, but will need to look at another kit and a circuit diagram to confirm this for the 1-2. That is why (i think) there is no mention of accum mods in the 700-HD-2 kit. Which,just so you know, also has the option in the same kit to go FULL manual if you want to afterwards. just a few more mods to do this if you wanna later on. If you trans is still healthy,those long shifts will be long gone after the kit.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Restricted User

I set up these Trans-Go Performance Shift kits to shift smooth at light throttle openings, and firm & quick at WOT. You do not want to block the 1-2 accumulator, as this will make for a very harsh 1-2 part throttle shift. The "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit that I use, can give you the best of both worlds,"smooth shifts at light throttle openings, and firm & quick shifts at WOT". The TV cable has to be set up correctly to make this unit last. If you still have early part throttle shifts, when the TV cable is set correctly, then you will most likely need a lighter weight governor.

Quick Reply: 700r4 shift points