Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans problems, but not the usual...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans problems, but not the usual...

ive been thru the stock clutch, planetary's sun gear and pump all in one ill fated pass.. so ive rebuilt this trans myself with the best quality parts period..

well ijust installed a new converter.. had the car dynotuned yesterday, drove 500miles round trip without a hitch!

now the trans is going into safe mode were it stays in 3rd gear limp home mode bullshit after a few hard runs down the road...

well i dont beleive its broke.. trans still manual goes into 1 and 2, which means to me its a electrical thing and there is prolly a wire gone bad or a seloniod or something of that nature..

no lock up... wont go into lock up or 4th, wont downshift unless i pull it down.. i read somewhere this was limp home mode...

anyone want to tell me where to start looking chime in.. im pretty sure the trans itself is fine as far as the major components..
Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Launching!

You have listed a 4000 RPM stall converter in your signature. High stall converters like that make the computer think the transmission is slipping badly during the shifts, which puts it in the "limp home" mode. You need to have the computer reprogrammed to take care of that.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

ah, welll **** the old dyno tuner who was supposed to take care of all of this yesterday.. yea it only had problems after id gone on it a few times. once it was cut off and restarted.. there was still a check engine light but when i moved the car to where i wanted to work on it i had first gear again....

oh well will not hurt nothing to check the seloniods and wires and such and simply pull the pan.... i have to fix a header leak anyways
Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

he made about 4 pulls in just over a hour.. mostly talked on the phone.... sent me packing 400$ later.. car still has a lil cam surge.. and tho it was unlocked didn't make the greatest numbers.. i would not doubt he didn't fix or even think about something like that..