Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did i do? car shaking...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What did i do? car shaking...

About 3 days ago i was driving down a little 35mph 2 laner at night and ran over what seem to be a big flat piece of plastic in the road. By the time i saw it in the road it was too late to move and i just went right over it. When i ran over it felt like it rolled up underneath my car and felt like it might have banged up a few things. It even felt like it somehow got wedged underneath one or both of my tires and made them lock up or something for a split second . anyways what i was getting at is the morning after this happened i was driving around and i noticed that when i would give the car about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle between 1500 and 2200 rpm's it would make a wierd sound and vibrate. I have the TSP True Duals setup so this seemed to amplify the vibratiion and sounds. Yesterday i finally got around to jacking up my car and looking for any damage underneath. Everything looked fine, no dents in the drivshaft, no dents in the exhaust system, but i did notice some rotational play in the driveshaft. the car was jacked up from the rear without the e-brake on when i noticed the play in the shaft. i would think that any play in the shaft would be something pretty bad right? I was wondering if this would be my problem or if it is something more serious??? thanks in advance for any help guys!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

thats bad. my old truck had less than 3/8 play and it kept cracking the tailshaft, I had it replaced 2 times and had a new driveshaft made. your bushing in the tailshaft could have gotten damaged to, check that. But yeah driveshaft play is bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM
On The Tree

make sure you didn't bend a rim
Old 12-16-2005, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

alright, thanks guys i bought some new u joints today and i'm gonna go put them in... hopefully it fixes the problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

ok, i finally got a good lok underneath the car... so there is a little rotaional play in the driveshaft but from what i've heard there should be a little bit of play in it , at least thats what checkers auto parts told me. I'm almost positive that this play isn't from the u joints because i checked them. I'm begining to think that it just might be my exhaust pipes vibrating and hitting the underside of the car. I know this is the wrong forum but has anyone with the TSP True Duals X had this happen?