Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple question on corvette servo.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Simple question on corvette servo.

did you use the longer pin or not.
Would you on my application?22k miles.Already changed fluid and filter at 15k.

A buddy who works at a local tranny shop says its def needed on higher mileage cars/trucks.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04BlackGmc
did you use the longer pin or not.
Would you on my application?22k miles.Already changed fluid and filter at 15k.

A buddy who works at a local tranny shop says its def needed on higher mileage cars/trucks.
It is definetly a good idea.It is not so much a help for high miles though, the band that the servo is applying is used for 2nd and 4th gear most of the wear coming on while on the 3-4 shift or while in 4th,that servo will give you more holding power in 2nd gear with a slightly firmer shift and thats all. Ive torn down 700's and 4l60e's that ive done to refreshen, behind strokers with massive power that were never in 4th and the band couldnt have been better it is the holding power of the 4th servo piston which is in the end cap of that servo.None the less replace it. most all z-28 ss ws6 and z71 all have it from the factory not only corvettes. good luck
Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Well i know alot of the truck guys replace it and notice a nice difference so i guess they dont come with it from the factory.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Launching!

The different length pin is used to adjust the band. If its too loose, you install a longer pin. But don't just blindly install a longer pin. If it doesn't need it, then the band will drag and burn up.

As far as the Vette sized servo, your truck didn't come with one from the factory. It will help the band last longer, because the larger piston surface give more clamping force to the band, but it will also firm up the 1-2 shift.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04BlackGmc
Well i know alot of the truck guys replace it and notice a nice difference so i guess they dont come with it from the factory.
Correct but most z-71 trucks already have that servo its called corvette because it was introduced it the first 700 corvette but they are used otherwise not just corvettes I own and operate a transmission shop and see this on a weekly basis.I am sorry i didnt even answer your question which was about the longer pin but just as the other guy said longer isnt better you have to check otherwise it will drag /burn the band.Sonnax makes a super hold 4th servo piston and it really works well.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the answers.

Quick Reply: Simple question on corvette servo.