Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ES poly mount questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile ES poly mount questions

I searched and barely found anything, so hopefully someone might have some insight on this. I'm installing a black ES poly mount here in the next few days, just curious about a few things. I've read that some people shave the bumps off the inner part and leave off the top plate while some people just put it on as is. What's the reasoning for shaving the bumps and leaving off what is a pretty beefy piece of the mount itself?

Another thing I'm curious about is the positioning of the mount when bolting in. I didn't get any instructions with this from the guy I purchased it from, although the pics I've seen online indicate that I have all the hardware. Only thing I'm not sure of is which way to mount it, like which part is the front and which is the back. One side is flat, the other is kind of rounded. Any idea which is the front or back?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to an ES tech before I installed my trans mount(6spd trans but I think the mounts are the same from the factory)). He said that these mounts are not made for our cars because it puts the tranny at the wrong angle. But he also said if you leave out the pre load spacer it puts the tranny at about the right angle. I also did shave the nubs.

Hope this helps

Eric