Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a trans problem! Need advice quick

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Got a trans problem! Need advice quick

Alright heres the story, A buddy of mine had his transmission rebuilt by a local, due to his being fried. Well I got that the old trans out, then swaped out the converter into the new one, pushed it all the way back till it locked, held a straight edge across the bellhousing just to show him how it was suppose to look. Well got the trans bolted up, reached in pulled the converter up to the flywheel, went to try & twist it to the to line up the bolt holes & nothing it was like it was jamed, pulled the trans back out, pushed the converter on all the way back in. I then tried to twist it with my hands being pushed all the way in & it would not move a bit, it was locked up. Now obviously this isnt natural, so my question is what do you think is wrong? Ive tried everytthing I know to do, even put the stock trans back in & everything works flawlessly, I tried twisting it in every gear & got nothing but locked up trans. The guy that built it is suppose to look at it tommorow to see, but I wanted to see what yall thought first. Any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did get the converter to the back splines? I think there are 3 sets of splines and you gotta push/turn it all the way to the back.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, now that I reread, I guess you did that. But it sounds like it's not all the way back. I did the same thing and mine spun like it should. I really don't know, unless the tranny is messed up.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:59 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BROKEN PUMP??????