Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trann cooler problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trann cooler problems

ok well i went by the install write up and im having a problem.. when i push these black ties threw the cooler and the rad. they come out and hit the fan shroud.. well i was like ok ill just take it off but on the 4 sides there seem to be like hook thangs where u have to slide it up and detach the fans...but i pull up and nothing moves..and i really dont want to drain the coolant and everything to remove these fans just to attach this cooler to the car..what can i do..the car is a 99..and on this site http://www.zmydust.com/trannycooler.html you can see some bolts on the fan but i dont think my car has them..sence hes working on a lt1 car...help someone...
Old 02-26-2006, 03:58 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i pulled just the fans on my 98. just removed the wires and there were tabs that pushed in on all 4 conrers, push up on them and they should come out, mine were in there like a bitch though.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just moved the cooler around until I got the ties to go trough the fans. Then with some creative maneuvering and some cursing, I was able to get it all strapped up and cut without interfering with the fans.