Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans-go and Yank Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans-go and Yank Problem

I installed a Yank PT4200 and Trans-go shift kit in a 02 Z28. Everything shifts fine, but sometimes when cruising on the highway the converter will unlock for no reason. I have to turn the car off and recrank the car. After recranking it works fine. Sometimes it happens every 2 miles and sometimes it does not happen at all. No transmission codes are being thrown and the computer has been tuned for the stall and 3.73 gears. What is causing this to happen? I have called Trans-go and he told me that there are 1000's of things that could go wring, but it is not the parts purchased from them . The transmission locked up fine before the install and has 60,000 miles on it.

Thank
Richie
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

need to have the pcm tuned for false missfires. When installing a high stall converter which is smaller size(lighter) then the stock one it messes up the computers ability to detect missfires. Once missfires are detected for a certain amount of time it wont lock the converter. It may only take a mile or two to have the missfires go low enough to be acceptable and the the converter will then lock again untill missfires get too high per mile.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is a common problem with the LS1 and high stall converters. You need to have P0757 and P0751 disabled in the PCM to prevent this from happening. Also, check that the 1-2 and 3-4 shift solenoids are the new design that have a screen at the end of the solenoid. Replace them if they are the old design.