Sponsored by:

2 quick Trans cooler question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 quick Trans cooler question

2 questions about it . . .
How important is it to have one when you have an automatic. .
How do you install one. . .?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Launching!

If you have a stall I'd say it's required, and all you have to do to install it is put a couple of lines where the tranny fluid goes into your radiator and mount it in front of the radiator, not too bad. It'll be worth it in the long run.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Get a B&M cooler with a fan..... they make two sizes, the smaller of the two works terrific..... forget however about mounting it in front of the a/c condensor, wont fit. I have mine mounted vertically, which is how it should be, on the passenger sideunder the headlight, screwed into the frame (fan runs parallel with length of car. The bottom of the fan is roughly even with the black plastic trim that closes off the front of the car (in front of tire of course) I have all stainless braided hose feeding cooler, which runs thru the radiator 1st, then thru the cooler and back to tranny. The fan has a thermostat which I didnt use, it is wired into ignition, car runs and so does the fan..... also have a B&M temp gauge. I live in central california, and have a 3500 stall, and run the car fairly aggressive.... the temp for the last 6 winter months has not gone over 160.... and during the summer when it is not unusual to average 90 degrees with streches over 100 common.... temp rairly climbs above 220....Cant see crap trying to take pics as it is now, .... if there is interest, I will remove the trim and the coolant reservoir and open it up so you can see the install......

Old 04-21-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

What temps do stock trannys see with stock TC's?