Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this normal??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this normal??

ok so i got my fuddle 3400 with 2.1str put in today and i take it for a ride all seems ok to me. BUT i have never had a car with a aftermarket stall or riden in one. so my questions are
1.it seems as if i cant really tell when it shifts.(i can hear it a little but not really just seems as if my tranni only has 1 gear)....is this normal??
2.when cruising at about 35mph-40mhp it seems to kinda jerk a little like wanting to go faster but doesn't...whats with that? the car HAS NOT been tuned it can be but hasn't yet..i havent put it to the floor yet or tried launching it yet...i dont know what to expect so. i dont wanna do it and break something. my other mods are...
Engine:

* Whisper Air Lid
* Smooth Below
* K&N Air Filter
* K&N Breather filter
* Magnaflow catback
* Pacesetter Long Tube Headers
* Off Road Y pipe(no cats)
* Taylor spiro 8mm Wires
* NGK TR55's for plugs
* LS6 Intake Manifold
* 224/.581 112LSA CAM
* Chrome moly push rods
* 918 comp valve springs
* LS6 oil pump
* Dyno tune.

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
*TT2's
* BMR Strut tower bar(front)
* BMR LCA's
* SLP sub frame conn.

any help or sudjestions are welcome and greatly appreciated. thanks much,Mike
Old 05-09-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

What you describe with the shifting is normal, and is due to the converter slipping and the shift extension. The RPM's don't drop much after an upshift. You will get used to it. Do you have a shift kit?

The "jerk" you describe may be "lockup". This is programmed to engage at 38mph at very light throttle, and 40-45 if your foot is on it a little bit more. Do your RPM's drop when this happens? Watch it next time.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

nope no shift kit. and i believe the rps drop a little bit but mot much. it is at the 38mph and 40-45mph marks also. just as long as its normal. i just wanted to make sure so i wasn't breaking anything. thanks for the help BlackHawy T/A
Old 05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

yea its normal well for me it happened the same thing at first i couldnt tell if the gear and changed or not from 1st-2nd and then the 35-40 mph thing scared me but im not sure if it went away or i just got used to it but no trouble here